Leveraging LinkedIn for Lead Generation
A not-for-profit organization wanted to expand its brand awareness and acquire new members. Through a strategic plan to generate and guide leads through the sales funnel, they were able to exceed goals and develop high-value leads.
Here’s how they did it.
A Starting Place
- Develop a content library of high-value resources.
- Launch a new website with lead-tracking software.
- Post consistent, consumer-centric LinkedIn content.
- Implement a LinkedIn paid ad campaign to reach ideal consumer profiles.
Utilizing Connections to Nurture Leads
- Current members share and interact with LinkedIn.
- The current member’s network is introduced to the content and follows the page.
- The new connection wants more information and goes to the website
- The new connection becomes an information-qualified lead (IQL).
- The IQL views resources.
- Upon submitting a contact form, the IQL transitions to a marketing-qualified lead (MQL).
- If the MQL matches the ideal customer profile, they become a sales qualified lead.
Lead Success in 7 Months
Within 7 months, the organization was able to nearly double its LinkedIn following with a 10% increase each month. Monthly LinkedIn impressions exceeded the estimated amount by over 322%, and the monthly engagement rate was triple the expected amount. Website traffic also increased by 10% with the launch of an updated site. In the end, 11 leads matching the ideal membership profile were generated, and 3 resulted in contact form submissions.
Not-for-Profit Training Organization
- Social Media Management
- Web Design
- Lead Tracking
- Print Media
Increased new website users by 10%
Increased monthly engagement and follower rates on LinkedIn
The Life of a Lead
Contact Form Submissions